Labyrinth Search Results: 56 link(s)
Manuscripts > (General)
- Aberdeen Bestiary
- History and descriptions of the Aberdeen Bestiary kept by Aberdeen University library.
- On-line exhibition of bestiaries and aviaries which includes Roman de Renart and Roman de Fauvain. Available in English and Spanish but full catalog and explanations are best accessed in French.
- Bodleain Library: Western manuscripts to c.1500
- Medieval and renaissance manuscripts at the Bodleian Library, Oxford, including links to information about published and unpublished resources and online handlists.
- Book of Hours
- Includes calender, penitential psalms, litanies, Hours of the Virgin, Holy Spirit, and Cross, as well as the Office for the Dead and Suffrages to Saints.
- Carolingian Writing Centers Map
- With links to other maps.
- Cary Collection
- Medieval manuscripts in the Cary Graphics Arts Collection at the Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, N.Y.
- Digital Scriptorium
- Visual union catalog of medieval manuscripts organized by Berkeley and Columbia.
- Digitalni Knihovna historickych fondu Vedecke Knihoung v Olomouci
- Over 50 fully digitized medieval manuscripts in the Library of Olomouc in Czechslovakia. In Czech but easy to navigate.
- DScriptorium Home Page
- Digital images of Medieval manuscripts
- "Ductus", from the Latin "ducere," "to lead," is a Web-based, interactive multimedia program. It is designed to
facilitate the teaching of paleography, in particular, the study of the history of western European handwriting.
- E-Codices - Virtual Manuscript Library of Switzerland
- Over 235 manuscripts in 13 Swiss libraries have been high resolution digitized. Fully zoomable. Search by Author, Title, Age, and Signature.
- Evolution of the Medieval Book
- Overview and analysis of the development of the medieval book. Sections include: letterforms, bindings, music, schoolbooks, destruction of books, and a link to Cornell's medieval books.
- In Aedibus Aldi: The Legacy of Aldus Manutius and his Press
- From the Harold B. Lee Library, Bringham Young University.
- Irish Script on Screen
- Searchable database of digitized manuscripts in the following Irish institutions: National Library of Ireland, National University of Ireland - Galway, National University of Ireland - Mayroch, Royal Irish Academy, Trinity College, University College Dubl
- Koninklijke Bibliotheek (Netherlands)
- A selection of manuscripts, printed works, book bindings, and specimens from the paper history collection.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg Collection
- An Exhibition at the U. Pennsylvania Library.
- Medieval Bestiary
- A database of text and images related to the Medieval Bestiary and its sources. Includes an extensive annotated bibliography, a list of manuscripts with descriptions, and tables of beasts.
- Medieval Manuscripts in Dutch Collections
- Database of medieval manuscripts in various Dutch collections. Sections on paleography and bindings. Manuscripts featured: Zwolle Bible, Utrecht Psalter, and Jan Yperman's Flemish Surgical Instruments.
- Medieval Multimedia
- Multimedia projects,including Ductus, an online paleography and codicology program (the history of western European handwriting).
- Medieval Writing
- An ongoing project on the history of medieval handwriting, paleography and the nature of literacy in the middle ages. Includes extensive information, links and a bibliography.
- Old English Manuscripts Database
- A database of Old English Texts by John Herrington.
- Paleography and Codicology: Introductory Bibliography
- Paleography and Codicology: an Introductory Bibliography by Martin Irvine.
- Piers Plowman Electronic Archive
- An electronic archive of the textual tradition of all three versions of the fourteenth-century allegorical dream vision Piers Plowman (Hoyt Duggan).
- Rabanus Maurus, De rerum naturis
- Listing of the Manuscripts of Rabanus Maurus, De rerum naturis, with a transcription of the text (ed. William Schipper).
- Sala Family Archives
- Medieval and Early Modern Catalonian Charters (by Joseph Gwara; hypermedia edition,
Manuscripts > Catalogues and Handlists
- Codices Latini Monacenses
- Fulltext database of the former Clm Catalogue of Karl Halm. Provides numerous searchable databases of manuscripts and paleography. [in German]
- Hill Monastic Manuscript Library
- Provides searchable database of microfilm manuscript contents in their holdings.
- Historical Auxiliary Sciences
- A up to date collection of links to all subject of the "Historical Auxiliary Sciences", ranging from paleography, codicology and diplomatics to numismatics, chronology, genealogy, heraldry etc. Part of the Virtual Library-History Network.
- Illuminated manuscripts made in Austria between ca. 780 and ca. 1250
- Online-database of manuscripts (in German).
- Manuscripta mediaevalia
- Database, mainly for medieval manuscripts in German libraries, digitalized catalogues (about 230 printed volumes), now including older and foreign catalogues (Basel, Uppsala etc.)
- Pierpont Morgan Library Online Catalog, CORSAIR
- The Pierpont Morgan Library's online collections catalog, CORSAIR, contains detailed records for the Library's entire collection of medieval and Renaissance manuscripts and medieval art
- Pontifical Ambrosian Institute for Sacred Music - Milan
- The Pontifical Ambrosian Institute of Sacred Music is an academic/scientific institution, with particular attention given to the manuscript sources of the Ambrosian Rite and Chant.
- Schøyen Collection
- The Schøyen Collection is an extensive private manuscript collection with a searchable index of its collections.
- Uncatalogued Manuscript Control Center
- UMCC, a project undertaking the bibliographic description of uncatalogued pre-1600 manuscripts throughout the United States and Canada. Also on the site is a list of all institutions in North America with pre-1600 manuscript holdings.
Manuscripts > Fonts
- Image-mapped analysis of thirteenth- and fourteenth-century charters in England; large images with mouseover grammar and syntax files and links to transcriptions and translations.
Manuscripts > Illumination of Books and Manuscripts
- Aberdeen University - The Burnet Psalter
- High resolution digitized images of the 15th century psalter. Unusual subjects such as St. Bridget of Sweden (Folio 28v) and Hours in commemoration of the Guardian Angel (Folio 300r).
- Age of King Charles V (1338-1380)
- 1,000 Illuminations from the Department of Manuscripts, The Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
- Auchinleck Hours
- Auchinleck manuscript dates from London, 1330s and is used by scholars as an example of literature that was contemporary to Chaucer.
- Book of Kells
- Selected pages from the Book of Kells.
- British Library Gallery
- Digital gallery for manuscripts: Lisbon Hebrew Bible, Sherbourne Missel, Flemish "Golf" book, Luttrell psalter, Diamond Sutra (Chinese, 868), and the Sultan Baybarsi Qur'an (1304), etc.
- CEEC - Codices Electronici Ecclesiae Colonienis
- A continuously updated database of the Church of Cologne's manuscripts. Over 320 manuscripts have been digitized, including Codex 212, one of the oldest extent (590 - 604) manuscripts in Germany. Manuscripts searchable by: language, place of writing, sign
- Codices Electronici Sangallenses
- The digital library of the codices of the monastery of St. Gall, Switzerland. Codices in high resolution, zoomable digitized format with scholarly descriptions. Browseable by age, author, title, language, and signature. Searchable by index or simple searc
- Fifteenth-century Book of Hours
- From the Frick Fine Arts Library, University of Pittsburgh (Judith Golden)
- Hill Monastic Manuscript Library Images
- Collection of manuscript images at Saint John's University.
- Illuminated Manuscript Images from the Bodleian Library
- Taken from the Bodleian Library's slide collection of manuscripts
- KB - Beatrijs
- Only surviving manuscript of the famous Middle Dutch legend of nun Beatrijs. To enter digitized manuscript, click on Bladereen door de Beatrijs. Site also has audio fragments of Middle Dutch. Site in Dutch.
- Lindisfarne Gospels
- The Lindisfarne Gospels is one of the most important inheritances from early Northumbria. Written and illuminated about 698 in honour of St Cuthbert, the famous Bishop of Lindisfarne, who died in 687, it is a masterpiece of book production and a historic
- Monarchs and Monasteries: Knowledge and Power in Medieval France
- History of and links to French Manuscripts (late 8th--late 15th centuries)
- Murthly Hours
- Descriptions and digital photos of the Murthly Hours, one of Scotland's most important illuminated manuscripts. Dates from the 1280s.
- National Library of Wales
- National Library of Wales searchable digitized manuscript collection. Includes the digitized Penairth collection: Hengwrt Chaucer, Law of Hywel Dda, Beunans Meriask (Cornish), etc. Other digitized Welsh manuscripts are: Black Book of Cermarther, Book Of T
- St Albans Psalter
- This project, funded by the A.H.R.B. and Aberdeen University, was directed by Jane Geddes, FSA.
- Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry
- The pictures in this directory are from the calendar section of the Tres Riches Heures.
- Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry
- University of Notre Dame, Ambrosiana Archive, Catalogue of Drawings
- Inventory-Catalogue of the drawings in the Biblioteca Ambrosiana, Milan.
Finding materials in the Labyrinth:
Select a category, subcategory, type of materials, and/or type in a keyword.
Copyright © 1994-2007, Martin Irvine and Deborah Everhart